Sunday 18 May 2014

Canned Summer

Ah cans, yes I have been known to be rather snobby about them and with good cause, over carbonation has ruined more than one nice beer that had been previously enjoyed on cask or from a bottle. However recently I have tried the latest versions from Fullers, Badger, and Adnams, all of which were good.

Ok, I still prefer London Pride on cask but now prefer the can to the bottle, the can having that lovely toffee thing the cask does. Fursty Ferret from Badger was very good too, slighty fizzer but not noticeable plus side to cans is you can quickly cool a can to celler temperature unlike a bottle which is a waiting game. Adnams is a difficult one to judge I enjoyed the can offering more than the times I have had a pint of it outside Southwold and found it to be badly kept and I've never seen a bottle of the bitter.

I'm not fully a fan but I have to say that I won't turn my nose up straight away plus it means a few more options for the store cupboard.

5 comments:

  1. "Canned Summer" - not a bad name for a band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever manage to learn the tenor banjo... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that doesn't work, try the tambourine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canned Summer. Sounds perfect for days out and "going up the country". Canned Heat? Canned Summer? Summer? Heat? ....... OK...... I'll get my coat

    ReplyDelete