Saturday 11 February 2012

Marks And Spencer's London Porter

5.5% Abv

As those who follow my very very rare tweets, some may know that finally my local Marks & Sparks now stocks some of the more unusual beers they get brewed by various breweries up and down the country. I love stouts and porters so I really wanted to try some of these beers, so I picked up a few bottles one lunchtime, taking advantage of the 6 for 5 offer that is currently running.

I really enjoyed this beer, actually I found it better than Meantime's usual porter. Each sip yielded a different hint to the porterly chocolate and malty main taste. From marmite hint, to Cadburys flake, though to caramel and then to truffle (by which I mean the type pigs hunt for), it was a real joy of a bottle to drink. The smokyness definately comes though in spades on its last patter across your tongue.

This is one of those beers which with each sip, you look at it and think "that's a cracking beer" or more often in my case "wow".

Only downside is that Meantime have also brewed for M&S is Greenwich Hospital Porter, which isn't being sold at my local M&S. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment